Review landscaping requirements
These design guidelines present information concerning:
- requirements for residential, multi-family, commercial and industrial development;
- slope protection and re-vegetation of disturbed hillside areas;
- fire resistant, deer resistant and drought tolerant plant materials;
- how to calculate water use to meet State water requirements;
- front yard turf, plant and groundcover requirements;
- street tree requirements.
The Landscape Design Checklist provides detailed information about the landscaping and submittal requirements. You may also want to review the Grading & Clearing Permit page on our website.
For more information, please call Planning at 510.583.4200 or visit our webpage.