Hayward Operated Paratransit (The HOP)
Paratransit providers for Hayward residents:
The Hayward Operated Paratransit (HOP) Program complements and supplements the East Bay Paratransit service when it is unable to provide service.
Currently, the HOP offers rides exclusively through LIFE ElderCare.
To qualify for the HOP you must:
- Be a resident of the City of Hayward, Castro Valley, San Lorenzo, Ashland or Cherryland
- Be at least seventy (70) years old, or
- Be at least eighteen (18) years old; and be unable to drive or use other public transportation (such as the bus or BART) independently due to a medical or disabling condition.
For more information regarding the HOP, please call 510-583-4230.
East Bay Paratransit (operated by AC Transit and BART) is the primary paratransit service for Alameda County residents. Call 510-287-5000 or 1-800-555-8085 for more information.
- Hayward Paratransit Application
- Hayward Paratransit Application - SPANISH
- LIFE ElderCare
- Community Resources for Independent Living (CRIL)
- Hayward Area Recreation & Park District - Senior Centers
The Hayward Paratransit Program is funded by Alameda County Measure B and BB 1/2 Cent Sales Tax, which is administered by the Alameda County Transportation Commission (Alameda CTC).