Contact List of Hayward Utility Providers
For general questions about utility providers in Hayward, call 510.583.4700.
East Bay Community Energy (EBCE)
- Commercial: In June 2018, EBCE became the default electricty provider for Hayward commercial accounts.
- Residential: In November 2018, EBCE became the dafault electricity provider for Hayward residential accounts.
- EBCE can be contacted at email@example.com or 833.699.EBCE (3223).
Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E)
- PG&E will continue providing electricity to residents and business owners who choose to opt out of EBCE electric service.
- PG&E provides gas service to all Hayward accounts, both residential and commercial.
- PG&E can be contacted at 800.743.5000.
- Most properties in Hayward get water from the City of Hayward. To start service, call 510.583.4600. For more information visit the the Starting and Stopping Water Service page in City Services.
- Some properties get water from East Bay Municipal Utility District (EBMUD). To start service, visit their website or call 866.403.2683.
- Click here for 2018-19 Hayward Water and Sewer Rates
- Most properties in Hayward are connect to the City of Hayward sewer system. To start service, call 510.583.4600.
- Some properties are connected to the Oro Loma Sanitary sewer system. To start service call 510.276.4700.
- Some properties are not connected to a public sewer systems, but instead have a private septic tank. Alameda County Environmental Health monitors septic tanks in the county. For more information, contact 510.567.6887.
Garbage and Recycling Providers
- Contact Waste Management of Alameda County at 510.537.5500 to start service.
- Please note that Tri-CED provides recycling for residential properties and some properties are serviced by Oro Loma Sanitary. However, all properties go through Waste Management to start their garbage service.
- For more information, including the Schedule of Rates, please click here.
Apply for Discounted Utility Rates
The City offers a discount on garbage, water, and sewer rates for low-income residents. Download an application or call the City’s Revenue Division at 510.583.4600.