PERMIT CENTER AND CITY HALL REOPENING: We are pleased to announce that City Hall and the Permit Center will begin a phased re-opening beginning on Tuesday, July 6. We will be open to the public for limited hours from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
Adherence to social distancing guidelines and occupant limitations are still in effect and visitors will be required to wear a mask while in the building. For your convenience, plan review applications and permit issuance will continue to be accepted via email and a drop box system that is located outside the permit center doors. For building permit assistance, please contact a Permit Technician at 510-583-4005 or email at Building.Permits@hayward-ca.gov
To reach other permit center divisions, please call the numbers below, or e-mail your staff contact directly:
- For the Building Division, 510-583-4140
- For the Fire Prevention Department, 510-583-4900
- For the Planning Division, 510-583-4216 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For the Code Enforcement Division, 510-583-4143 or contact your code inspector directly or the telephone number shown on the letter you received.
Please Note: Building inspections will take place during this time frame provided that *Social Distancing Requirements are met. For the purpose of this order Social Distancing Requirements includes maintaining at least six-foot social distancing from other individuals, washing hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds as frequently as possible or using hand sanitizer, covering coughs or sneezes (into the sleeve or elbow, not hands), regularly cleaning high-touch surfaces, and not shaking hands.xxx
At the Permit Center:
- Application for land use permits and construction, demolition and encroachment permits may be made at the Permit Center;
- Minor permits (termite repair, window replacement & re-roofing etc.) are frequently issued over the counter in a single visit to the Permit Center;
- There is a self-help area where you may research zoning and permitting history of a building or project;
- Many records can be copied for a nominal charge.
For your convenience, we have a wide variety of resources available online. If you can't find what you are looking for here please feel free to either come into the Permit Center during business hours or give us a call. We'd be Happy to assist you.
Permit Center Hours & Location
Permit Center Location
Permit Center Office hours
Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m.–5p.m.
Closed Fridays and Holidays