Updated: Dec. 5, 2022
A Final Map is required to subdivide land into five or more parcels. Final Maps require City Council approval and recordation by the County Assessor. A Parcel Map is required to subdivide land into four or fewer parcels. Parcel Maps require Public Work Director approval and recordation by the County Assessor. A Tentative Map approval is required prior to submitting for a Final/Parcel Map.
Submitting an Application:
- Contact the Development Services Engineer: Contact the Development Services Engineer by emailing email@example.com or calling (510) 583-4111 to determine the requirements and submittal materials. Please include the project address(es) and a detailed description of your project.
- Register for an e-Permit Portal account: You must be a registered user of the Hayward e-Permit Portal before you can submit your application. Learn more about how to register on our e-Permit Portal help page.
- Apply for your Plan Type: Using the e-Permit Portal, apply for your Plan by completing the online application and attaching the required submittal materials. Learn more about how to apply for a Plan on our e-Permit Portal help page.
Required Submittal Materials:
The submittal items below are required for this project type. Please note additional submittal items may be required depending on the project scope.
- Final Map
- Geotechnical Soils Report
- Improvement Plans Preliminary Title or Title Guarantee Report: A recent preliminary title report or title guarantee prepared within the last 90 days (A hyperlinked PDF Report if preferred).
- Stormwater Requirements (C3) Checklist: (See Stormwater Requirement (C3) Checklist in Handouts)
- Closure Calculations: A set of the lot closure calculation for the proposed lot configuration.
Applicants will be notified by email or can login to the e-Permit Portal for updates on their application. Final/ParcelMaps typically take three to six months to process. Estimated processing times do not include the time needed by the applicant to revise and resubmit their application.
After submitting your application through the e-Permits Portal, staff will reach out to coordinate payment. The initial application deposit for a Final Map is $15,000 and for a Parcel Map is $5,000. If the cost to process the application exceeds this deposit, the applicant or owner must cover the cost. If the cost ends up being less than the deposit, the difference is refunded.