Mission Boulevard Corridor Improvements Phase 2 Project – Start of Construction
The Hayward City Council has awarded the Mission Boulevard Corridor Improvements Phase 2 Project to DeSilva Gates Construction. Construction will start at the end of March and is anticipated to be completed in the Fall of 2019 pending any weather delays. This improvement project on Mission Boulevard is from Industrial Parkway to the south City limit near Blanche Street and generally consists of:
- Removal of existing trees that are diseased or in conflict with the improvements,
- Undergrounding of overhead utility wires,
- Construction of new sidewalks and curb ramps,
- Installation of new metal fencing on the west side of Mission Boulevard adjacent to existing wood fencing,
- Installation of LED streetlights,
- Installation of gateway monuments at Blanche Street, Fairway Street and Corrine Street,
- Construction of bike lanes with buffer planter islands,
- Construction of median island with landscaping,
- Planting of new trees,
- Modification of existing traffic signals and installation of a new traffic signal at the intersection of Rousseau Street and Blanche Street,
- Rehabilitation of the pavement.
We appreciate your patience and cooperation during the construction period. Every effort will be made to minimize inconveniences from the construction work. Upon completion, this project will greatly enhance this section of Mission Boulevard. For more information about the project, please visit www.hayward-ca.gov/missionphase2. If you have any questions about this project, please contact the project manager, Dave Hung, at (510) 583-4752 or email@example.com.
Download the full Letter from the Director.