Report water leaks, sink holes, and sheared hydrants

To report possible leaks or damage to infrastructure/equipment maintained by the City, such as pipelines and fire hydrants, please call the Utilities Division or report online via Access Hayward.

Call Hayward Utilities Center - Water Department:

  • Monday through Friday (6:30 am - 3 pm): 510.881.7933
  • For after hours and weekends emergencies, call Hayward Police Dispatch to reach the standby crew: 510.293.7000

Report Online via Access Hayward

Access Hayward

Water Leak

Water customers are responsible for maintaining and repairing leaks and damaged pipes on the customer side of the meter.

The City is responsible for maintaining facilities on the street side of the water meter as well as the meter itself.