Apply for a U.S. Passport

EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY the City of Hayward has suspended appointments for Passport Application Services to limit exposure and slow the transmission the COVID-19 novel coronavirus. 

For more information on COVID-19, updates from the City and Alameda County Department of Public Health, and additional resources, go online to

Please see additional recommendations regarding travel from the U.S. Department of State.

Welcome to the Hayward City Clerk’s Office Passport Acceptance Facility

Passport services are by appointment only. You can make an appointment online or by calling (510) 583-4400Walk-in appointments are not available. Each applicant must have a separate appointment.

Office Location:

Hayward City Hall
City Clerk’s Office, Fourth Floor
777 B Street, Hayward, CA 94541
(510) 583-4400

Appointment Information:

All applicants, regardless of age, must appear in person.

Please be sure to complete your application prior to arriving to your appointment. Form DS-11 can be found online at

We may be unable to process your application if you don't provide all of the below, necessary items. 

What else do you need to bring with you?

  1. Proof of U.S. citizenship (i.e., original birth certificate) + photocopy (CA and TX abstracts not accepted)
  2. Proof of identity (i.e., California ID/Driver’s License) + photocopy of both sides.  The State Issued ID card is considered a Secondary ID and not a Primary ID.  The State Department highly recommends that the applicant provide another secondary/supplemental ID with your application.
  3. Recent color passport photograph (without glasses).  Please Note: For minors 5 years and younger, we require that you provide the passport photo.
  4. All applicable fees and optional postage.
  5. Passport Execution Fees are payable to the “City of Hayward” for $35 by cash, check, or money order. We do not accept credit card payments.
  6. Fees to the “U.S. Department of State” are payable by check or money order only.
  7. Completed Form DS-11 in black ink only, and printed single-sided.  

A complete list of Passport Requirements can be found on the U.S. Department of State's website (, along with forms, acceptable proof of identification and U.S. citizenship, and answers to most frequently asked questions.

Special Instructions for minors

A United States passport application for children under the age of 16 requires the signatures of both parents. The "Statement of Consent" (FORM DS-3053) for the non-appearing parent must be notarized and submitted along with a copy of his/her proof of identity.
Minors ages 16-17, who have their own identification, may apply for a passport. However, they must show that at least one parent is aware that the minor is applying for a passport. Examples of parental awareness can include: a parent appearing with the minor in person or a signed statement consenting issuance of a passport from at least one parent (should be accompanied by a photocopy of that parent’s ID).


For more information, you can call our 24-hour Passport Information Hotline at (510) 583-4434 or visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.

For more immediate travel or passport needs, please contact the U.S. Department of State at (877) 487-2778.