The Application for an Encroachment Permit is a request to the City of Hayward for permission to perform work within Hayward public rights-of-way (PROW) for example within public streets and sidewalks. An approved Encroachment Permit grants the Applicant permission to perform work within and/or close portions of Hayward public rights-of-way subject to the guidelines and conditions established in the permit.
An Encroachment Permit would be required for, but not limited to, the following within the PROW:
- New/Replaced Sanitary Sewer Lateral
- Any Public Utility work
- New/Replaced Sidewalks and Driveways
- New connections to the Public Storm System
- Temporary Storage or Debris Bin within PROW
- Monitoring Well Installation/Removal
To apply for an Encroachment Permit, submit a completed encroachment permit application and plans (as required) to the Permit Center.