Becoming a Registered Vendor

Businesses who are interested in selling goods, providing services or would like to be notified of bidding opportunities, must register themselves as a vendor with the City.

To register your business, you will need to complete and submit a vendor application form and a completed W-9 form to our Purchasing Division.You can include any additional information, such as a catalog or line cards with the completed application. If your business is based in Hayward, you will also need to provide us with a copy of your Business License.

We will review your application for completion and confirm all of the information. After your application has been reviewed for completion and accuracy you will be added to our Vendors registered with the City of Hayward will be notified of any bidding opportunities based on their NIGP commodity code.

You can either download a Vendor application form or pick one up in person by visiting our Purchasing offices at 777 B Street, Hayward. We are located on the third floor.

The completed forms may be returned to us via:

  • Email to: with "Completed Vendor Application Form" in your subject line.
  • Fax to 510.583.3600, Attn: Purchasing
  • Mail or bring the completed form to: Purchasing Division at City Hall - Third Floor, 777 B Street, Hayward, CA 94541.

For more information, please call the City of Hayward Purchasing Desk at 510.583.4800.