Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA)
This Notice includes federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), City General Funds (subject to availability), and Measure B/BB Paratransit Funds, for Fiscal Year 2023-2024.
In Spring of 2023, the City of Hayward Community Agency Funding Program will award federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds for eligible community and economic development activities in Hayward. Subject to available funding, the City may also award grants from its Social Services General Fund and/or local Measure B/BB Paratransit program funds to eligible projects and services that benefit low-income Hayward residents. All projects and services must be implemented between July 1, 2023, and June 30, 2024. Applicants must be registered non-profit organizations and/or government organizations.
Additionally, the City is announcing the availability of funding to support the holding of cultural and other special events by local community groups and individuals during the upcoming 2023-2024 fiscal year starting July 1, 2023. The announcement coincides with the introduction of new requirements for requesting and awarding of grant funding for Cultural and Special Events—which are defined by the City as events requiring use of City property not within the normal use of the property or which, by nature of the activity, may have an impact on City services, resources, neighborhoods, businesses or the community as a whole greater than would have occurred had the activity not taken place. Such Cultural and Special Events include but are not limited to parades, gatherings, arts and crafts shows, fairs, festivals, athletic events, car shows, and musical and other live performances. Applicants must attend the bidder's conference to be eligible for funding.
Attendance at the City’s Bidder’s Conference is REQUIRED of all prospective applicants for all funding sources described above. The Bidder’s Conference is designed to acquaint the public, including applicants, with the application and decision-making process for all of the City’s grantmaking activities, including the funding process and program guidelines. Application materials will be reviewed at the Bidder’s Conference. If an agency representative cannot attend, contact City staff prior to the bidder’s conference for further instructions.
All prospective applicants are required to attend:
- 10am to 11am on Tuesday, November 1, 2022
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Webinar ID: 878 7012 0200
US: +1 669 900 6833
Webinar ID: 878 7012 0200
- Support the development of new affordable housing (not construction costs),
- Rehabilitate existing housing,
- Improve neighborhood facilities such as community centers and parks,
- Provide fair housing or other housing or job-readiness/placement services,
- Promote economic development activities to assist businesses or create jobs,
- Provide public services that benefit low-income Hayward individuals or households, or to
- Perform certain types of commercial rehabilitation.
Please be further advised that FY 2023-2024 Special/Cultural Event funding will be made available through the Community Agency Funding process.
A Special/Cultural Event is defined as any planned activity that requires the use of public property which is not within the normal and ordinary use of the property or which, by nature of the activity, may have a greater impact on City services or resources, neighborhoods, businesses or the community as a whole than would have occurred had the activity not taken place, including but not limited to, parades, gatherings, arts and crafts shows/fairs, festivals, athletic events, car shows, and musical or cultural events.
- Application materials will be available on the City’s website (http://www.hayward-ca.gov/nofa) as well as the City’s online grant management services (www.citydataservices.net) on November 1, 2022.
- Applications must be submitted using the City’s online grant management service City Data Services (www.citydataservices.net). Applicants who do not have access to a computer may contact Community Services Division staff, and access will be arranged.
- The APPLICATION DEADLINE is 5PM ON FRIDAY, December 2, 2022. Late applications will not be considered.
For more information or technical assistance, please contact Community Services Division staff:
Jessica Lobedan | (510) 583-4201 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Carol Lee | (510) 583-5343 | email@example.com