City Manager's Office
Review the 2021 Resident Satisfaction Survey Results: Results Presentation | Results Report
The City Manager serves as the City's Chief Executive Officer, responsible for the day-to-day operation of the City organization and its 800+ employees. The City Manager's Office also oversees a variety of interdisciplinary programs and initiatives while communicating the City Council's vision and values throughout the community and beyond.
The City Manager’s Office is responsible for many of the City's centralized functions. The office works to make Hayward one of the Bay Area’s most attractive cities in which to live, work and do business by:
- Influencing state and federal policies that impact Hayward’s ability to thrive.
- Actively managing the municipal organization to ensure efficient, cost-effective service delivery
- Supporting city departments and divisions in efforts to innovate and improve customer experience
- Providing public information through a wide range of media channels
- Working to improve our local economy through targeted business attraction and retention
- Developing and recommending policies that protect the city's fiscal foundation; and
- Implementing public policies adopted by the City Council