Hayward Public Library expanding hours with HPL Express walk-in service and safety protocols
On Monday, June 21, the Hayward Public Library will extend its downtown branch hours as well as expand its new limited walk-in service, HPL Express, to the Weekes branch library, allowing members of the public to enter the branch during two-hour sessions.
HPL Express services include self-service check-out of materials and hold pick-ups; new library cards and payment of charges; computer use for a maximum of one hour per day; browsing the collection; reference assistance; self-service copying, scanning and printing; and Wi-Fi access.
See library hours at the Locations & Hours page.
Occupancy limits will be in place during each HPL Express session. For the safety of the public and library staff, the following additional steps are being taken:
- Seating for reading and studying will be limited
- Study rooms will remain closed
- Meeting rooms will not be available to rent
- Story-times and homework help to remain virtual
- Toys, puzzles and games in the Children’s Library will not be available
To protect you and our staff, all previous COVID-19 safety protocols will remain in place including:
- Entering and exiting the building through the garage side entrance
- Wearing appropriately fitting protective face covering/mask required for all visitors two years of age and older
- Observing of social-distancing guidelines within the library or while waiting to enter
- Sanitizing hands upon entering the building
- Staying home if you are feeling unwell or experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms
- No eating or drinking within the library
For more information, including all contactless, online and virtual services to continue through and outside of the downtown and Weekes branches of HPL, go online here to the HPL website.