Hayward residents invited to apply to serve on city commissions and task force
Application deadline is Friday, July 6, 2018
HAYWARD, Calif., May 4, 2018—The City of Hayward has opened its 2018 recruitment period for applicants to serve on city commissions and its Keep Hayward Clean and Green Task Force.
Openings currently exist on the following bodies, which serve in an advisory capacity to the City Council:
- Community Services Commission (6 vacancies; 1 potential vacancy)
- Personnel Commission (1 vacancy; 3 potential vacancies)
- Planning Commission (1 vacancy; 2 potential vacancies)
- Keep Hayward Clean and Green Task Force (11 vacancies; 1 potential vacancies)
- Library Commission (1 vacancy; 2 potential vacancies)
Prospective applicants must be registered voters residing within the Hayward city limits.
Individuals appointed to the Community Services Commission and the Planning Commission will need to file a California Fair Political Practices Commission Statement of Economic Interest (Form 700).
Interested individuals can apply online at www.hayward-ca.gov/serve. Applications also are available at the Office of the City Clerk, 777 B Street, Hayward, California 94541, or by calling (510) 583-4400.
The application-submission deadline is Friday, July 6, 2018. Interviews with the City Council are scheduled for Monday, July 23, 2018. Qualified Keep Hayward Clean and Green Task Force applicants will be required to interview with the Task Force Subcommittee Panel on Friday, July 13, 2018.
Download the full News Release.