Starting and stopping water service
Starting & Stopping Water Service
The Revenue Division is responsible for administering the water and sewer billing for the Hayward Water System. The person responsible for the account can start or stop service,
Hayward Water System requires at least two business days* notice for the service start/stop date request to take effect. Please note the following:
The following information will be requested:
- Applicant’s (or Entity) name (primary accountholder)
- Secondary accountholder’s name, if applicable
- Service address/location
- Mailing address
- Account holder’s social security number and date of birth, or tax ID number (FEIN) for a business
- Daytime telephone number(s)
- Email address (please note if you would like to receive your bills by mail, email, or both)
Fees & Deposits
There will be a $70 Account Establishment Fee and deposit (if applicable) charged on your first bill.
*Same-day turn-on requests will be charged an After-Hours Meter Activation Fee of $72 and will be turned on after 4 p.m.
Account Holder Responsibility
The party that initially signed up for service is responsible for the payment of charges. It is the sole responsibility of the account holder to cancel service and close the account. The account holder may add an authorized person to act on his/her behalf by submitting a signed letter from both persons accepting responsibility.