File a claim against the City

If an incident occurs, for which you believe the City might be responsible for loss or damage to you and your personal property, you have the option of completing and submitting a claim form.

Follow the instructions on the claim form carefully. After signing it, deliver the completed form to the City Clerk (address below).


For information concerning the status of your claim, please contact Risk Management at 510.583.4450.

City Clerk's Office
777 B Street, 4th Floor
Hayward, CA 94541
Phone: 510.583.4400