Sign up for a Green House Call to receive a free energy and water efficiency kit
The City of Hayward is once again partnering with local nonprofit Rising Sun Center for Opportunity (Rising Sun) to help households reduce their carbon footprint and their utility bills. Through Rising Sun’s “Green House Call” program, Hayward residents can take this 15-minute survey to have a free energy and water efficiency kit delivered right to their door.
Green House Call kits include:
- Up to 16 LED light bulbs, standard and floodlight
- A smart power strip ($70 value)
- High-efficiency bathroom and kitchen faucet aerators (same pressure, less water)
- High-efficiency showerhead(s) (same pressure, less water)
- Toilet leak detection test
- Information on other energy-saving and green programs
- Step-by-step installation and replacement instructions
Last year, 36 kits were sent to Hayward residents, and will save a total of 395,746 gallons from faucet aerator and showerhead replacements and over $30,000 in cost savings over the lifetime of the kit’s use.
Green House Calls are available to homeowners and renters who have not been served by Rising Sun within the last five years. Take the survey online here or at (510) 665-1501 ext. 300 with a trained staff member. To learn more, visit https://risingsunopp.org/programs/ghc/.