City Clerk's Office
The City Clerk's Office is committed to serving Hayward as an accessible and responsive representative of transparent and open government; and to supporting and facilitating the business operations of Council as they conduct their business through all levels of meetings and other communications.
City Council Update:
City Council Meetings will temporarily be conducted utilizing teleconferencing and electronic means consistent with State of California Executive Order No. 29-20 dated March 17, 2020, and Alameda County Health Officer Order No. 20-04 dated March 31, 2020, regarding the COVID-19 pandemic.
How to observe the Meeting:
Comcast Channel 15
Live stream: https://hayward.legistar.com/Calendar.aspx
How to submit written Public Comment:
Use eComment on the City's Meeting & Agenda Center webpage at https://hayward.legistar.com/Calendar.aspx. eComments are directly sent to the iLegislate application used by City Council and City staff. Comments received before 3:00 p.m. the day of the meeting will be exported into a report, distributed to the City Council and staff, and published on the City's Meeting & Agenda Center under Documents Received After Published Agenda. eComments received after 3:00 p.m. through the adjournment of the meeting will be included as a part of the meeting record and published the following day.
Send an email to List-Mayor-Council@hayward-ca.gov by 3:00 p.m. the day of the meeting. Please identify the Agenda Item Number in the subject line of your email. Emails will be compiled into one file, distributed to the City Council and staff, and published on the City's Meeting & Agenda Center under Documents Received After Published Agenda.
How to provide spoken Public Comment during the City Council Meeting:
Call the City Clerk at (510) 583-4400 prior to the close of public comment on an item as indicated by the Mayor.
Claims, Subpoenas and Summonses
- Claim form (be sure to read the instructions on page two)
- Claims, subpoenas and summonses can be submitted by mail and addressed to: Hayward City Hall, Attn: City Clerk's Office, 777 B Street, Hayward CA, 94541-5007
- Claims, subpoena or summonses can be dropped off in a sealed envelope at City Hall via the drop-box available across from the security guard desk. For time sensitive documents, please use the date stamp machine to stamp your documents and deposit them in the drop-box. Please email the City Clerk (firstname.lastname@example.org) and call (510) 583-4400 the same day to indicate exactly the nature of the document and the time it was dropped off. No personal service is permissible at this time.
- The drop-box at City Hall will be monitored Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
- For information concerning the status of your claim, please contact Risk Management at 510.583.4450
Public Records Requests
- In the interest of public health and controlling the spread of COVID-19, the City of Hayward is taking steps that include the modification or limiting of non-essential City services or access to certain facilities. Many staff members will be working from home and may not be readily available to research physical copies of records. We will send available electronic records through this portal. If you feel that the records provided do not fulfill your request, please let us know and we will continue our search for responsive documents once the declared State of Emergency has been lifted. Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time.
- If you need to submit a Public Records Act Request, please use the Public Records Platform
- Ensure the security and accessibility of all official City records
- Serve as the information and records manager of all legislative proceedings
- Conduct municipal elections
- Serve as a support office to the City Council, City staff, City boards and commissions and the community members of Hayward.
If the website does not address your question, feel free to either come into our office during business hours or give us a call. We'd be happy to assist you.
City Clerk: 510.583.4401
Deputy City Clerk: 510.583.4405
Senior Secretary: 510.583.4408
Senior Secretary: 510.583.4410