COVID-19 Resource Portal
The City of Hayward is in continuous communication with Alameda County Public Health about COVID-19 and will share any important updates on our website as well as our social media channels.
In the interests of public health and controlling the spread of COVID-19, the City of Hayward took steps that included the modification or limiting of non-essential City services or access to certain facilities. Many staff members began working from home. Office-based employees are in the process of returning to the workplace.
For your convenience, please see below for frequently asked questions and services.
- COVID-19 Updates and Response Information
- COVID-19 Testing Center
- COVID-19 Rental Housing Relief
- Vehicle-Based Gatherings during COVID-19 Shelter-in-Place Order
- Temporary Outdoor Dining Permit during Shelter-in-Place Order
- Make a Payment
- Hayward Water Support
- Pay a Traffic Ticket
- Report an Abandoned Vehicle
- Sign up for AC Alert
- Subscribe to Public Safety emails
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan for businesses
- For all other questions or concerns, please utilize our Access Hayward system.
Departments with modified hours or services:
Hayward Police Department:
Due to the Shelter in Place in addressing the COVID-19 pandemic, effective August 31, 2020, the following front counter hours will be implemented:
- Front Counter will be open Monday through Friday from 9am to 4pm.
- Front Counter will be open every Saturday from 9am to noon for vehicle releases and report requests only.
The Records Unit is committed to assisting the public during this difficult time and we thank you for your understanding. Should you have any questions, please contact our non-emergency line at (510)293-7272.
Hayward Executive Airport:
Hayward Executive Airport remains open 24-hours a day, 7-days a week. In addition:
- The FAA Hayward Air Traffic Control Tower is open
The airport administrative and maintenance staffs are at a minimum
The airport’s two fixed base operators, APP Jet Center and Meridian Hayward, are open
Many of the other 38 commercial tenants remain open – however, please call ahead to confirm that regular business hours are in affect
To learn more about the airports response visit their webpage.
Maintenance Services' response to reports of accumulated litter, illegal dumping and graffiti may be delayed due to crew deployment adjustments.
Street-sweeping and related parking enforcement will continue on their normal schedule EXCEPT on Dec. 24 and 25, & Jan. 1
Hayward Public Library:
Permit Center: Effective April 29, 2021
All construction projects that follow the Construction Project Safety Protocols included with the health order in Appendix B will be allowed to continue beginning 5-4-20. Please read the County Health Order Appendix B carefully for specific guidelines required in order to operate construction sites safely. For further questions or concerns please contact Omar Noorzad at email@example.com or (510) 583-4313.
The City Permit Center will remain closed until further notice. Plan review applications and permit issuance will be via email and a drop box system. For assistance please contact a Permit Technician at (510) 583-4005 or email at Building.Permits@hayward-ca.gov
Most other staff are working from home, so to reach other divisions, call the numbers below, or e-mail your staff contact directly.
- For Building Division, (510) 583-4140
- For Fire Department, (510) 583-4900
- For Planning Division, (510) 583-4216 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Code Enforcement Division, please contact your code inspector directly or the telephone number shown on the letter you received.
For more information and updates on COVID-19, please visit: www.hayward-ca.gov/covid-19